Re-Glas Crazy Bee
Sparkling · Floral · Bergamot
Espresso Machine | Stove Top | Cezve/Ibrik
Recepe for Double Espresso
18 – 19 g
There are many different recipes that lead to an excellent cup of espresso. This example should serve as a basic recipe and can be changed and adapted according to your wishes and willingness to experiment. For each espresso of our line-up we provide a recipe that works well for us.
Preparation in a portafilter (general rules of thumb)
|Water temperature||90-96 °C|
Step by step instructions
- Take the portafilter out of your brew group and rinse the group briefly.
- Place your clean and dry portafilter on a scale and tare it.
- Grind the desired amount of coffee (dose) into your portafilter.
- Distribute the ground coffee evenly in the sieve, you can use your finger here or a distributor.
- When tamping, it is important to apply pressure vertically to the coffee to ensure even compaction. It is also important to apply pressure only once to avoid channeling.
- Remove any coffee residue from the edge of the screen.
- Start your shot as soon as you place the portafilter in the group.
- Stop your shot when your target yield is reached.
- When there’s no more coffees to make, empty, clean and dry your portafilter, flush the group and place the portafilter back into the group to ensure it stays hot.
|Espresso tastes bitter||
Grind too fine
|Espresso tastes sour||Grind too coarse
Forgot to tamp
→ results in shorter shot time
→ results in longer shot time
|Espresso is too strong||Over dosed
Too little water
Increase amount of water
|Espresso is too mild/weak||Under dosed
Too much water
Decrease amount of water
Family Project SUPREMO
Our quality standards
The roasting craft
WHAT IS RE-GLAS®?
The Re-Glas is a new initiative of Supremo for Supremo customers, focussing on environment friendly and sustainable packaging and thereby reducing plastic use and waste.
We realise the impact of packaging and packaging materials on the environment and thus see the need for the reduction of waste. The Re-Glas is our way of taking a step towards that direction.
For this reason, we have a selection of Espresso, Crema-Coffee and seasonal Single Origin Espressi that are created for the Re-Glas project.
HOW DOES THE SYSTEM WORK?
Buy a filled Re-Glas® and pay a one-time system fee of 5€ per jar. This way, the next time you buy or return the empty Re-Glass®, you only pay for the contents of the glass, the roasted coffee beans. To stay true to the thought of sustainability, Re-Glasses can only be returned at the Roastery. We do not accept returns via shipment for the exchange system.
The system fee covers the production and cleaning costs of the jar. The returned Re-Glasses are cleaned and refilled with deliciously fresh roasted coffee beans and sealed.
RETURN OF THE RE-GLAS®
Returning the Re-Glas® is possible at SUPREMO Coffee Roastery only. We do not accept returns via shipment for the exchange program.
If a damaged or very dirty Re-Glas is returned, we reserve our right not to accept it. In this case the system fee must be paid once again when purchasing a new Re-Glas. This ensures the underlying thought of sustainability and accountability.