The "Acaia Lunar" is a scale with a clear and puristic design. It measures the weight accurately up to 0.1 g and reacts in 20 ms. On the digital display, the time and the weight are shown in parallel to make it easier to stop the time when pulling an espresso. The scale can also be controlled via the Acaia app. The battery lasts 30 – 40 hours and can then be recharged with a USB cable.
Optimized for espresso, this scale fits comfortably under most groups heads and can automatically start the timer when the espresso flows into the cup, or as soon as the cups are placed on the scale. After pulling the shot, the flow rate is automatically calculated.
Scope of Delivery
There are many different recipes that lead to an excellent cup of espresso. This example should serve as a basic recipe and can be changed and adapted according to your wishes and willingness to experiment. For each espresso of our line-up we provide a recipe that works well for us.
Preparation in a portafilter (general rules of thumb)
|Water temperature||90-96 °C|
Step by step instructions
- Take the portafilter out of your brew group and rinse the group briefly.
- Place your clean and dry portafilter on a scale and tare it.
- Grind the desired amount of coffee (dose) into your portafilter.
- Distribute the ground coffee evenly in the sieve, you can use your finger here or a distributor.
- When tamping, it is important to apply pressure vertically to the coffee to ensure even compaction. It is also important to apply pressure only once to avoid channeling.
- Remove any coffee residue from the edge of the screen.
- Start your shot as soon as you place the portafilter in the group.
- Stop your shot when your target yield is reached.
- When there’s no more coffees to make, empty, clean and dry your portafilter, flush the group and place the portafilter back into the group to ensure it stays hot.
|Espresso tastes bitter||
Grind too fine
|Espresso tastes sour||Grind too coarse
Forgot to tamp
→ results in shorter shot time
→ results in longer shot time
|Espresso is too strong||Over dosed
Too little water
Increase amount of water
|Espresso is too mild/weak||Under dosed
Too much water
Decrease amount of water
Get the best out of your coffee